When is it better to own software vs. subscribing? Plus Microsoft goes rural, Audi goes self-driving and umbrellas have a hard-time in the sharing economy.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- News You Should Know
- Top Stories
- (03:10) Microsoft planning to provide high-speed rural Internet
- (07:05) Facebook Messenger home screen ad beta goes worldwide
- (10:00) Android 7.1 features “panic detection” to deter malware
- (12:45) Audi announces first production autonomous vehicle
- (15:40) Umbrella sharing service starts in China
- Messages of the Day
- (30:40) Allen (money vs time)
- (31:50) Bill Burlingame (Bluetooth pacemaker)
- (32:40) Security Now 587 (LessPass review)