Do we want AIs to make up their own languages? Plus, the coming Bitcoin fork and the budget Australian robot that won Amazon’s competition.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- News You Should Know
- More Top Stories
- (03:10) AMD’s RX Vega graphics cards will launch on August 14th
- (03:50) Apple HomePod firmware references infrared face detection
- (06:15) 2017 Amazon Robotics Challenge won by Australian robot “Cartman”
- (07:20) Honolulu fines pedestrians using phone while crossing street
- (09:45) BitCoin blockchain to fork with creation of “BitCoin Cash”
- (13:40) AI is developing its own languages
- Your Private Driver
- (24:50) More Days of Change
- Message of the Day
- (25:20) Renard – Amazon hub
- (27:35) Ross – bio-hacking