Patrick gives us the lowdown on what processors to put in our PCs, Google declatres a kind of war on autoplay and Facebook opens a 4th front for AI research in Montreal.
With Tom Merritt, Roger Chang, Patrick Norton, and Len Peralta.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- News You Should Know
- (02:35) Unified autoplay | Chromium Blog
- (06:00) Facebook’s New Lab Bolsters Montreal’s…AI | Fast Company
- (10:05) Google in talks to invest in Lyft | Axios
- Alphabet Considers…Investment of…$1 Billion | Bloomberg
- (12:35) China’s Southeast Asia obsession continues… | Tech In Asia
- (16:15) Amazon waves goodbye to…one-click… | engadget
- (19:10) PC Perspective Hardware Leaderboard | PC Perspective
- Messages of the Day
- (30:10) Matt Bertolini – Equifax software patch process
- (31:30) Anonymous – Equifax downsizing
- (32:30) BigJim – Tech In Trade
- (33:30) Rob – Apple two-factor authentication
- (34:25) Matt Stevens – Managing older iOS devices
- Today’s Contributors
- Watch Patrick Norton‘s TekThing on Hak5 and support it on Patreon
- Len Peralta’s “FaceID Not Working“