The EFF withdraws from the W3C, Xbox Controllers enlisted by US Navy, and first impressions of iOS 11.
With Tom Merritt, Roger Chang and Patrick Beja.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- News You Should Know
- (01:15) iOS 11, thoroughly reviewed | Ars Technica
- (02:00) Red Sox reportedly cheated with a Fitbit… | engadget
- (02:40) Google app 7.12 reveals Pixel 2’s squeeze feature… | 9to5Google
- (03:25) Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier… | Bloomberg
- More Top Stories
- (04:05) YouTube’s Twitch-like ‘Sponsorships’ open to all… | TechCrunch
- (06:25) Amazon’s new tablet doubles as…Echo Show | TechCrunch
- (08:50) US Navy will use Xbox controllers to steer submarine periscopes | engadget
- (11:00) An open letter to the W3C Director, CEO, team and membership | EFF
- HTML5 DRM finally makes it as an official W3C Recommendation | Ars Technica
- (17:20) TGS 2017: All the News from Sony’s Playstation Conference | IGN
- Apple’s fitness-focused watchOS 4 is available… | engadget
- iOS 11: Everything you need to know… | MacWorld
- …here’s how to check which apps won’t work | TechCrunch
- iOS 11, thoroughly reviewed | Ars Technica
- iOS 11’s new image format might pose problems… | The Verge
- iOS 11’s new Control Center will freak you out… | The Verge
- Why Apple iOS 11 Won’t Run Some of Your Apps | Fortune
- …Apple revamps its money-making App Store | Reuters
- The best new features in iOS 11 | The Next Web
- …A11 Bionic obliterates top chips from Qualcomm… | appleinsider
- Messages of the Day
- (32:55) WigglesTheHoly – Verizon roaming
- (33:50) Purplefuku – App Store hacks
- Today’s Contributors
3 thoughts on “DTNS 3119 – EFF is no longer BFF with W3C”
Patrick’s comment about Android not needing a high powered CPU has to be one of the most stupid or uninformed comments I’ve ever heard.
Well hold on. I think what Patrick was referring to was that you can run Android on cheaper devices. Samsung has a whole suite of these and there’s plenty of examples in China. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t saying Android itself is low-powered. I think it was meant as a comment on Android’s adaptability. Or at least that’s how I took it.
The MANOS game will not work on iOS 11. Could be a deal-breaker. 😉