Uber gets shut down in London, Wal-Mart wants to deliver groceries right to your refrigerator and why enterprise seems so bad at security.
With Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang, Keith Townsend and Len Peralta.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- News You Should Know
- 4K iTunes Content Limited to Streaming Only… | MacRumors
- T-Mobile, Sprint close to agreeing on deal terms | Reuters
- More Top Stories
- Uber loses its license to operate in London | TechCrunch
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise…Plan…Job Cuts | Bloomberg
- PUBG creators are unhappy with Fortnite: Battle Royale… | Polygon
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus draw fewer Apple fans… | cnet
- Walmart partners with smart lock maker August… | TechCrunch
- Corporate IT vs security breeches
- Messages of the Day
- Non-plane uses for noise cancelling headphones
- Chris, Bob – Headphone Google Assistants
- Today’s Contributors
- Find Sarah Lane on Twitter: @sarahlane
- Keith Townsend
Get Len Peralta‘s “Fit & Proper” at his store or by supporting his Patreon
2 thoughts on “DTNS 3122 – IT is Hard”
I have my children as non-admin users on their windows based PC’s. Some of the software they want to run needs to be run as admin. I create a special shortcut to that software that allows them to run only that software with admin credentials.
From CMD run as administrator enable the local admin user with password.
Create a new shortcut with this as the path for the runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred “C:\path\to\file.exe”
the user name is replaced with administrator and you need to know the computers name. I also change the icon to the softwares icon after creating the shortcut. It works. It can break with updates but is easily rebuilt. This works on win7 to 10 from my experience.
That’s what she said.
Sorry, couldn’t resist.