What you need to know about the KRACK WiFi vulnerability plus the RSA key debacle and progress on a virtual pancreas.
With Tom Merritt, Roger Chang, Veronica Belmont and Patrick Norton
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- News You Should Know
- (01:15) …flaw in WPA2 protocol lets attackers intercept passwords… | Ars Technica
- (01:40) Apple denied motions in VirnetX patent case… | TechCrunch
- (02:15) HTC Holding A November 2 Event… | AndroidHeadlines
- More Top Stories
- (02:30) Huawei’s Mate 10 phones have…AI hardware | Circuit Breaker
- (06:10) IBM and Stellar Are Launching Blockchain Banking… | Fortune
- (07:30) Supreme Court Will Decide on…Microsoft, Trump Admin… | Fortune
- (11:15) Millions of high-security crypto keys crippled… | Ars Technica
- (12:35) Artificial pancreas uses…phone to counter diabetes | engadget
- Discussion (14:30)
- …flaw in WPA2 protocol lets attackers intercept passwords… | Ars Technica
- Wi-Fi security has been breached, say researchers | The Verge
- Regarding Krack Attacks — WPA2 flaw | DoublePulsar
- 41 percent of Android phones are vulnerable… | The Verge
- WPA2 shown to be vulnerable to key reinstallation attacks | TechCrunch
- Key Reinstallation Attacks: Forcing Nonce Reuse in WPA2 | Vanhoef, Piessens
- Key Reinstallation Attacks Breaking WPA2 by forcing nonce reuse | krackattacks
- How the KRACK attack destroys nearly all Wi-Fi security | Ars Technica
- Here’s what you can do to protect yourself… | TechCrunch
- The good news and bad news about today’s massive Wi-Fi bug | The Verge
- Vendor Information for VU#228519 | CERT
- Apple confirms KRACK Wi-Fi WPA-2 attack vector patched… | appleinsider
- Today’s Contributor
- Veronica Belmont
- Watch Patrick Norton‘s TekThing on Hak5 and support it on Patreon. Also check out AVexcel.
One thought on “DTNS 3138 – Just Say No to KRACK”
With Twit.TV on the ropes and Tech News Today no longer around, I wonder if this will open up DTNS to having more guests. And is DTNS willing and able to pick up some of the advertising dollars from TnT?