Apple’s secret road to success, what Scott thinks of the new Adobe Lightroom and why people prefer coffee shop noise to office noise when working.
With Sarah Lane, Tom Merritt, Roger Chang and Scott Johnson.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- News You Should Know
- (00:45) Samsung unveils Bixby 2.0… | Venture Beat
- (01:00) …head of Facebook’s secretive hardware lab…leaving | re/code
- (01:30) One phone, two screens… | c|net
- More Top Stories
- (01:55) Apple and GE announce deep partnership | TechCrunch
- (05:00) HP Announces ZBook x2… | Anandtech
- (08:40) Adobe Turns Lightroom…Into…Cloud…Service | Mac Rumors
- (12:20) DeepMind’s Go-playing AI doesn’t need human help… | The Verge
- (15:00) WhatsApp Live Location Sharing Launched… | Gadgets360
- Discussion (17:00)
- Why You Can Focus in a Coffee Shop… | Harvard Business Review
- Is Noise Always Bad?… | Journal of Consumer Research
- …Correlating Brainwave & Psychometric Changes… | BRIK
- Thing of the Day
- (24:15) Tech In Travel Minute
- Messages of the Day
- (26:55) knoxjl – Non-English Tech podcasts
- Today’s Contributor