Are you a bad person for looking at someone else’s phone while they’re texting? Plus, there’s a way to 3D print WiFi devices made of plastic and a way to start learning quantum computing without owning a quantum computer.
With Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang, and Veronica Belmont.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- News You Should Know
- (00:45) Google Home Max is now available for $399… | Android Police
- (01:15) …Facebook appears to axe feed for tracking…activity | TechCrunch
- (01:30) Some HP laptops are hiding a deactivated keylogger | TechCrunch
- More Top Stories
- (01:55) …Tech luminaries call net neutrality vote an ‘imminent threat’ | The Verge
- (05:40) Apple has bought Shazam, the music recognition app | Recode
- (07:55) …3-D printed objects connect to WiFi w/o electronics | University of Washington
- (10:15) Microsoft releases quantum computing development kit preview | TechCrunch
- (11:45) Apple let a knockoff version of…crypto wallet into the App Store | TechCrunch
- (14:45) Netflix on Twitter
- Discussion (16:10)
- Thing of the Day
- (21:25) Tech’s Message
- Messages of the Day
- (22:15) Wes – PBS American Experience
- (22:35) Jim Neidlinger – Rude YouTube message
- Today’s Contributor
- Veronica Belmont can be found on the IRL podcast and at growbot.io