A group of former Google and Facebook employees have banded together to fight what they see are the ill effects of technology on the human condition. Will this put them at odds with their former employers and industry they helped build? Plus Apple, Cisco and Allianz are teaming up to offer cyber insurance to business that use equipment from both companies and Google will 3rd party developers access the Visual Core processor in the Pixel 2 smartphone.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane and Roger Chang.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:55) At car secrets trial, Uber decries ‘conspiracy theory’, Waymo says Uber cheats | reuters
- (01:20) Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong released from prison on appeal | the verge
- (01:40) Former Intel president launches new chip company with backing from Carlyle Group | tech crunch
- More Top Stories
- (02:15) Broadcom unveils $121 billion ‘best and final’ offer for Qualcomm | reuters
- (04:45) Intel Made Smart Glasses That Look Normal | the verge
- (10:15) Apple, Cisco team up with insurance companies to offer cyber policy discounts | reuters
- (14:25) The Pixel 2’s Visual Core photo processor now works with Instagram, WhatsApp and Snapchat | tech crunch
- (16:35) Apple Music is set to surpass Spotify in paid US subscribers this summer | the verge
- Discussion Story:
- (20:30) Early Facebook and Google Employees Form Coalition to Fight What They Built | the new york times
- Thing of the Day
- (28:00) Tech’s Message
- Message of the Day
- (28:50) Frederik – eBay