What Facebook’s slightly low user growth means for the fate of the internet and the world, plus Windows wants to annoy you less and smart watches are finally hot!
With Sarah Lane, Tom Merritt and Justin Robert Young
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:45) Huawei phones ‘blacklisted’ by VLC media player | cnet
- (01:00) NXP to repurchase $5 billion shares after Qualcomm deal falls through | reuters
- (01:25) Amazon’s Rekognition messes up, matches 28 lawmakers to mugshots | ars technica
- More Top Stories
- (02:00) Alexa Cast will let users cast Amazon Music to Alexa devices | tech crunch
- (05:05) Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17723 and Build 18204 | windows blog
- (07:05) Samsung begins producing its battery-saving memory chips for phones | engadget
- (09:40) Apple ships 3.5 million Watches in Q2 2018, with LTE version a runaway success in Asia | canalys
- (12:10) Amazon misses on revenue but earnings came in more than double what the Street expected | cnbc
- Discussion Story (16:10)
- Breaking News (25:40)
- Slack Is Buying HipChat | bloomberg
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (26:55) Virgilio – watch party
- Today’s Contributor