Spectre and Meltdown have put a dampener on processor performance. But what does it mean for folks looking to upgrade their hardware; should you upgrade today or wait a few months? Amazon and Berkshire Hathaway, and JP Morgan team up to provide affordable healthcare for their employees. And are high GPU prices due to crypto-currency mining?
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Ryan Shrout.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:50) Verizon Drops Plan to Sell Phones From China’s Huawei, Sources Say | bloomberg
- (01:05) Snapchat enhances Bitmoji with 1.9 septillion avatar options | tech crunch
- (01:20) Facebook is banning all ads promoting cryptocurrencies — including bitcoin and ICOs | recode
- More Top Stories
- (01:45) Amazon, Berkshire, JPMorgan partner to cut U.S. healthcare costs | reuters
- (04:45) Facebook ‘no place’ for young children | bbc
- (08:20) Hawaii officer who sent false missile alert believed attack imminent, FCC says | ars technica
- (12:00) Scoop: Apple delays iOS features to focus on reliability, performance | axios
- (14:00) Bitcoin mania is hurting PC gamers by pushing up GPU prices | the verge
- Samsung is reportedly manufacturing cryptocurrency mining hardware | the next web
- Why RAM Prices Are Through the Roof | extremetech
- (23:50) Spectre/Meltdown Perspective
- Message of the Day
- (25:55) Gouthaman – Aadhar usage
- Today’s Contributor
- Friend of the show Wil Harris is fundraising for Campaign Against Living Miserably, a charity that encourages men to get help with their mental health.
One thought on “DTNS 3209 – Mine Your Own GPU Business”
Interesting that FaceBook is stopping the ads for cryptocurrencies, hope that Google follows suit quickly.