IBM produced a study showing consumers value security over convenience. Is this a trend, and if so will this lead to greater demands on companies to secure their online services? Plus Qualcomm has released its X24 LTE Modem and Snapchat rolls out analytics tools for its biggest creators.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Scott Johnson.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:55) Crypto-currency craze ‘hinders search for alien life’ | bbc
- (01:20) Don’t use Huawei phones, say heads of FBI, CIA, and NSA | the verge
- (01:55) YouTube and Instagram face Russian bans | bbc
- (02:15) HTC smartphone president Chialin Chang has resigned | engadget
- More Top Stories
- (02:50) Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X24 modem will enable 2 Gbps LTE speeds | engadget
- (04:30) How Chrome’s built-in ad blocker will work when it goes live tomorrow | tech crunch
- (07:25) Facebook’s child-friendly texting app Messenger Kids arrives on Android | tech crunch
- (10:50) Magic Leap’s AR headsets will start at around $1,000 | engadget
- (13:55) Snapchat finally gives creators analytics | tech crunch
- Discussion Story: (16:50) Mobile OS Development
- Message of the Day
- (23:35) Chris – Home entry tech
- Today’s Contributor