How is an upstart wireless broadband provider beating an incumbent cable broadband provider? We find out as Patrick Norton shares his experience with his new internet provider. Plus are tariffs really going to increase the price of popular gadgets? We unpack the news and drill through the FUD.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Len Peralta, Roger Chang and Patrick Norton.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- More Top Stories
- (02:05) Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Twitter partner for ambitious new data project | the verge
- (07:45) Apple Watch, FitBit could feel cost of U.S. tariffs | reuters
- (11:00) Amazon launches Part Finder, built by technology it acquired from Partpic in 2016 | tech crunch
- (13:30) 1.5 million affected by hack targeting Singapore’s health data | the verge
- (16:30) DARPA Wants Your Insect-Scale Robots for a Micro-Olympics | ieee
- Discussion Story (19:15)
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- Thomas – Young Justice
- Today’s Contributor
- Patrick Norton on Twitter
- Get Len Peralta‘s “Jumbo SHRIMP” at his store or by supporting his Patreon