Where is technology journalism failing the reader, and what should a revamped tech coverage look like? Plus Nintendo sues another rom site and Qualcomm unveils a new 5G antenna module that could be the solution to 5G signal interference.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Justin Robert Young.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:50) Snap is shutting down Snapcash, its payment service, on August 30th | the verge
- (01:05) Samsung plans to turn ‘The Wall’ display into a home TV | engadget
- (01:40) Sony unveils world’s first 48-megapixel smartphone sensor | engadget
- (02:20) Pinterest nears $1 billion in ad sales and valuation rises as it looks to go public in mid-2019 | cnbc
- More Top Stories
- (02:55) Uber and Lyft Drop Driver Who Livestreamed Passengers on Twitch | firtune
- (06:05) Qualcomm unveils first mmWave 5G antennas for smartphones | the verge
- (07:55) Nintendo sues to shut down two big ROM sites | polygon
- (11:50) Sign-language hack lets Amazon Alexa respond to gestures | bbc news
- (13:50) Alphabet jumps more than 4 percent after big earnings beat | cnbc
- Discussion Story (16:35)
- We need a new model for tech journalism | columbia journalism review
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (27:10) Chris – Jack Conte interview
- Today’s Contributor